ADSM-L

Recovery log utilisation and aggregate size

2001-06-28 02:03:53
Subject: Recovery log utilisation and aggregate size
From: Eric Winters <ewinters AT AU1.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2001 16:04:24 +1000
Good People,

I'm interested in establishing to what extent TXNGROUPMAX and TXNBYTELIMIT
(ie aggregate control) options will affect recovery log usage. My objective
at this stage is to reduce the utilisation of the recovery log in a normal
mode environment. The log has been filling when pinned by the backup of
large files. If I back up a larger number of small aggregates from other
nodes at the same time, will they require less recovery log space than if
the same data was sent as fewer larger aggregates? Testing is a little
difficult in this environment so I'd like to hear your experiences.

Your comments gentlemen please.
Thanks.

Eric Winters
Chilly Sydney