ADSM-L

Oracle Agent NT backups

2001-06-27 14:47:02
Subject: Oracle Agent NT backups
From: "Gill, Geoffrey L." <GEOFFREY.L.GILL AT SAIC DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2001 11:37:54 -0700
I'm finally getting my DBA's to work on using the Oracle agent setup on NT.
I keep getting complaints from the guy and since I can't answer the
questions because I myself have never used it, sorry to be so ignorant about
this, I was wondering if someone could answer a few questions and help
enlighten me.

1. Are the backups kicked off by the TSM server through a .cmd file on the
client?

2. If 1 above is true then does anyone have a sample script I can look at?

3. Besides the few lines in the dsm.opt sample file supplied with the
software do I need to add anything else?

4. If rman is somehow scheduled from the client itself to kick off the
backups, what are the parameters that need to be set up?

5. Has anyone tried to use the Oracle Enterprise Management console from a
designated system to schedule "ALL" these backups no matter what client they
are on?

Thanks all for the help.

Geoff Gill
TSM Administrator