ADSM-L

ADSM 3.1.2.90 on AIX 4.3.3-06

2001-06-27 12:10:47
Subject: ADSM 3.1.2.90 on AIX 4.3.3-06
From: irene <irene AT MAILDROP.SRV.UALBERTA DOT CA>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2001 09:54:13 -0600
We were running ADSM 3.1.2.90 on AIX 4.2.1 and it behaved
normally.  When we migrated AIX to 4.3.3-06, ADSM slowed
down to unacceptable response times.  For example, a backup
that used to take 5 minutes now takes 50 minutes.  The operating
system seems to be performing O.K.  All of this is being done on
a test machine at the moment.  Does anyone have any ideas
why this is happening?  Should we have done a complete overwrite
rather than a migrate when moving to AIX 4.3.3-06 from AIX 4.2.1?
Thank-you for any insight provided.
  Irene Braun
  EMAIL:  irene.braun AT ualberta DOT ca