ADSM-L

TSM and backint success stories

2001-06-27 07:20:11
Subject: TSM and backint success stories
From: Kevin Wagner <kwagner1 AT STNY.RR DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2001 07:05:43 -0400
 Has anyone had any success backing up SAP R3 online tablespaces to a TSM
 server using backint versus Data Protection?
 I haven't seen definitive answers as to whether backint will still work
(i.e.a supported configuration).  I'd hate to think that TDP for SAP is the
only way to run online backups of an SAP ORACLE database.
We are going to upgrade (finally) from ADSM Server 3.1.20 to TSM 4.1, and
we'd like to keep our backint product, especially given the hefty price tag
of the TDP option.

 I'd appreciate any success stories that anyone knows about.  I searched
the archives, but didn't see anything recent there.

 Thanks.

 --k