ADSM-L

Re: TSM and TDP for Domino command file.

2001-06-26 09:17:16
Subject: Re: TSM and TDP for Domino command file.
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 09:10:26 -0400
Brian,

Is your Domino server also on OS/390? Windows? AIX? Solaris?

Take a look at domdsm.log in the TDP "domino" directory
(or whatever you named the log file if you used the
"/logfile=xxxxx" option in your command file.)
Does it show that the TDP for Domino command actually ran?
What were the results?  The RC 1 may mean that there
were errors or that the command file did not specify a
return code or maybe that it could not find the command file.
Does the TSM Server schedule have the entire path and
file name to where the command file resides?
You should also examine the scheduler log file to see
if it logged any errors.
I hope this gives you some ideas on where to start.

If you are still having trouble diagnosing, call IBM/Tivoli
support and they can help you identify the problem.

Thanks,

Del

Del Hoobler
Del Hoobler
IBM Corporation
hoobler AT us.ibm DOT com

"It's a beautiful day.  Don't let it get away."  -- Bono

                    "Brian L. Nick"
                    <BRIAN.NICK@PHOE       To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                    NIXWM.COM>             cc:
                    Sent by: "ADSM:        Subject:     TSM and TDP for Domino
command file.
                    Dist Stor
                    Manager"
                    <[email protected]
                    T.EDU>

                    06/25/2001 03:14
                    PM
                    Please respond
                    to "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"

We are running TSM 3.7.4 on OS/390 2.10 and we are attempting to configure
a TDP for domino environment. My issue is this when we attempt to do a
scheduled TDP Incremental client backup of the node we receive a return
code 1 when the command file is executed.

 I can execute the TDP incremental backup of the client from the command
line. The only time I have trouble is using the TSM scheduler.

 I have 2 dsm.opt files on the node one in the TSM baclient directory and
the other in the TSM domino directory. I have also verified the domdsm.cfg
file and I believe that these are all set up correctly. I am using unique
node names for the TSM client and Domino clients.

 I understand that this in not allot of information but if anyone has any
ideas for me I am all ears.

 Thanks for your help on this.

 Brian.