ADSM-L

Re: ADSM/DATE/SQL

2001-06-25 12:48:25
Subject: Re: ADSM/DATE/SQL
From: Gene Walters <gwalters AT GWMAIL.STATE.WV DOT US>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 12:45:21 -0400
Try  this:

SELECT NODE_NAME, PWSET_TIME from NODES where PWSET_TIME < CURRENT_TIMESTAMP -
100 DAYS

>>> "Sheets, Jerald" <JSHeets AT OLOLRMC DOT COM> 06/25/01 11:05AM >>>
Ladies and Gentlemen,

        Do any of you out there have links to a SQL reference for ADSM ( I
already have the documentation from the Administrator's guide) or a SQL
92/93 reference?  I am interested specifically with doing date calculations
using fields from DB, BACKUPS,  and FILESPACES and NODES.  Particularly, I
need to be able to add & subtact dates at a whim.  THe command line adsm
client allows queries against ACTLOG like so:

                q actlog begindate=TODAY-1 begintime=17:00:00 enddate=TODAY
endtime=05:59:59

effectively delivering me a specific date range from the activity log.

Utilizing the same general syntax (which does not work), I think you can
ascertain what I'm trying to get from the following:

Example:  (from the shell)

        dsmadmc -id=id -pa=pa -outfile=out.file -commadelimited "select
NODE_NAME,PWSET_TIME from NODES where PWSET_TIME>TODAY-100"

I want a listing of all PWSET times older than around 100 days.  Thataways I
can harass those folks to change their passwords (Hospital policy prevents
from using PW aging techniques...one person can't get logged in fast enough,
someone has less of a chance of surviving trauma).

So then, to acheive the above desired result, what would my syntax be to
select all the node_name(s) and PW_SET dates older than 100 days?

Thanks!

Jerald Sheets, Systems Analyst TIS
Our Lady of the Lake Regional Medical Center
5000 Hennessy Blvd, Baton Rouge, LA 70808
Ph.225.765.8734..Fax.225.765.8784
E-mail: jsheets AT ololrmc DOT com