ADSM-L

File write error message

2001-06-22 11:03:42
Subject: File write error message
From: "Dixon, Swonda" <SMDixon AT CHESTERTEL DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 10:49:36 -0400
I'm new to the Adsm / AIX gurus.

I'm receiving an error message:

ANR9999D        icvolhst.c(4317): Error Writing to output File.
ANR6353E        PREPARE: File write error.
ANR6951E        PREPARE: Recovery plan file
/adsm/drplans/DRPLAN.20010621.143358 was not created.
ANR0985I        Process 2647 for PREPARE running in the BACKGROUND completed
with completion state
                FAILURE at 14:33:59.

I experienced this error previously and noticed that our smit.log and
smit.script files were huge.
I cleared those files and that allowed more space for about 2 weeks.
Now, I'm experiencing the same error and can't figure out what is taking up
all the space.

I've read about similar problems here within the ADSM.ORG archives but
nothing that will benefit me.

Can anyone help me with this problem. I'd greatly appreciate it.

~~Swonda M. Dixon ~~
                 803.581.9172
   The Chester Telephone Company
         smdixon AT chestertel DOT com