ADSM-L

Re: Recovery Log size

2001-06-22 10:20:39
Subject: Re: Recovery Log size
From: Nicholas Cassimatis <nickpc AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 10:21:34 -0400
With the current limit of 5.3GB, and the steps we've all taken to work
within that limit, I don't think many people will be hitting the 13GB limit
all that quick.  An incremental database backup will still flush the log,
and, with 13GB, I think we'll be OK if we don't change the way we are doing
our business.

Nick Cassimatis
nickpc AT us.ibm DOT com

>An FYI - TSM 4.2 will increase the limit to 13GB.

I think we're all wondering when the first voice will be heard asking
when the 13 GB limit will be increased.  And I think we're all wondering
why the increase was little more than a doubling of the current limit -
which customers are already straining to go beyond.  As an Enterprise
level product, I would expect TSM to be a lot more open-ended.  Unless
this boost was merely a stop-gap in advance of major architectural
relief, it's not going to be enough to keep up with the demand.

   Richard Sims, BU