ADSM-L

Re: Solaris client assertion failure (mempool.cpp)

2001-06-22 10:03:35
Subject: Re: Solaris client assertion failure (mempool.cpp)
From: Robert Kennedy <robertk AT MOTOWN.CC.UTEXAS DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 09:05:05 -0500
Thanks for the good suggestions.  I made sure I was unlimited in all
aspects and checked for any circular linkage - all to no avail.

Well, it turn out that the problem is using exclude.dir on any directory
that is also a passed to dsmc as a filesystem to be backed up.  Tivoli's
solution is to not use exclude.dir -- Gee, thanks a lot Tivoli.

This problem supposedly affects 4.1.2 clients for all platforms.

Cheers,
Robert Kennedy
University of Texas at Austin
ITS UNIX Services