ADSM-L

Re: RAID5 Vs Mirroring

2001-06-22 09:14:36
Subject: Re: RAID5 Vs Mirroring
From: Jeff Bach <jdbach AT WAL-MART DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 08:15:03 -0500
Do you mirror your tapes?  If not, that is where I would start to increase
my redundancy.  The DISK storage pools ussually contain data for a short
period of time.  The tapes for a long period of time.

RAID 5 is slow for writes.  Depending on how much data you are moving
through the storage pools, it may be fast enough.  I would never use it.

Jeff Bach

and intended solely for the individual or entity to
whom they are addressed.  If you have received this email
in error destroy it immediately.