ADSM-L

RAID5 Vs Mirroring

2001-06-22 08:17:59
Subject: RAID5 Vs Mirroring
From: Anuvinder Chauhan <Anuvinder.CHAUHAN AT ST DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 17:27:06 +0530
     Hi All,

     Currently we are running AIX over RS/6000 with TSM on top of it.This
     is further integrated to the IBM 3494 library.
     In the current scenario we have mirroring implemented only for the TSM
     database .I want to built in more redundancy therefore planning to go
     for RAID 5 implementation.There is no redundancy for the data backed
     up by the storage pools.Size of the database is around 115GB.

     I would like to know does going in for RAID 5 is a wise decision and
     what are the implications involved.

     Regards

     Anuvinder Chauhan
     System Administrator