ADSM-L

Re: Disk pool size vs large file

2001-06-21 15:52:13
Subject: Re: Disk pool size vs large file
From: Sam Schrage <sam.schrage AT TRW DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 14:49:58 -0500
Chris,

I guess I could have described the problem a little better.  What I have is
SSA disks backed up by a 3583 LTO library w/6 drives?  And this works very
well.  It's when I get this DB2 backup once a week that bothers me.  What I
was doing was setting the POLICY so that all data from several UNIX systems
went directly to tape when I knew the DB2 Admin was going to do the backup.
Last night I forgot to do that and I was worried that she might lock the
system because the 125GB wouldn't fit into the backup disk storage pool.
I guess it worked because I didn't get any calls and after quizzing her
this morning she was happy.

So what I'm thinking is that TSM looked at the size--not sure how it knew
the size unless the DB2 api does something--and it bypassed the disk pool
and went directly to tape.

Sam

Chris Gibes <gibes AT BERBEE DOT COM> on 06/21/2001 02:19:07 PM