ADSM-L

Recreate a DiskPool

2001-06-21 00:30:12
Subject: Recreate a DiskPool
From: Chuck Lam <chuck_lam AT YAHOO DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 21:31:12 -0700
Hi-All,

On a newly configured TSM(v4.1) server(AIX4.3.3), I
configured a 100GB DiskPool consisting of six 18GB
virtual drives in a SAN. Things are working for a
while.  Now I was told to make a DiskPool of 550GB.
If I use the current setup, I would need over 30 18GB
virtual drive. Obviously this is not an option.  Is it
advisable to use one hugh 550GB drive for the
DiskPool?  Has anybody done that in the past, and can
share his or her experience? Any pitfalls using this
configuration, in TSM, and in AIX?  How should the
drive be 'dsmfmt'ed?

TIA