ADSM-L

TDPS in a cluster

2001-06-20 13:11:36
Subject: TDPS in a cluster
From: Glen Churchfield <gchurchf AT BWC.STATE.OH DOT US>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 13:11:57 -0400
I have a pair of Win2K servers clustered with MSCS and running MSSQL 7.0.
Backups run fine with TDP 2.2, but if either node fails over to the other
node, the "failed-from" TSM schedule service fails to start on the new box.
When it fails back, the services start and run fine. The setup was according
to the TDP V2.2 Installation and User's Guide which includes duplicate
options files and config files in the startup directory and replicated
registry keys for the passwords. Has anyone solved this problem? Tivoli
level 1 support was clueless after 2.5 hours on the phone. I'm hopeful that
I've missed something that someone on the list has seen.

Glen Churchfield
Frontway TSM Consultant
Columbus, Ohio
gchurchf AT frontway DOT com