ADSM-L

Re: What volume is my backup on, at time of restore?

2001-06-20 11:01:15
Subject: Re: What volume is my backup on, at time of restore?
From: Robin Sharpe <Robin_Sharpe AT BERLEX DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 11:01:17 -0400
What I don't understand is why it takes so darn long for the query to run,
when TSM can find the tape it needs very quickly when you run the actual
restore command.  What is really needed  is "preview" option like on the
restore volume command.  Just my opinion.
Robin Sharpe
Berlex Laboratories

                    Mark Brown
                    <mark.brown@M
                    CGILL.CA>     To:    ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                                  cc:    (bcc: Robin Sharpe/WA/USR/SHG)
                    06/15/01      Subject:
                    08:30 PM             Re: What volume is my backup on, at
time of restore?
                    Please
                    respond to
                    "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"

Hello,

When I first read this I thought it would simply be easier for TSM to
take
care of the restore. However, IF, you have a screaming fast server where
TSM
runs the massive searches, the script could be pretty handy used in the
right places.

If anyone has one out there I would like to see it also.

Mark Brown