ADSM-L

Re: Reclaims Ques

2001-06-20 08:16:00
Subject: Re: Reclaims Ques
From: Lindsay Morris <lmorris AT SERVERGRAPH DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 08:16:25 -0400
Thanks Richard, Eric, all---

I've seen the reclaim-won't-let-go situation a lot, and sometimes tried to
cancel the reclamation process ---
and STILL, more often than not, it takes 40 minutes for cancel process to
take effect!

I didn't have NOPREEMPT set (unless it's a default value -- I think it's
not);
I didn't have huge files;
I've seen this on DLT700 and on 3590 drives;

For me it's more curiosity than critical; maybe it's a major annotance for
some other people.
I wonder if any developers can shed some light.