ADSM-L

Re: Help, log space problem

2001-06-19 08:16:22
Subject: Re: Help, log space problem
From: Dirk Billerbeck <dirk.billerbeck AT GECITS-EU DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 14:17:20 +0100
Hello,

it does exactly mean what it says:

Your TSM server has no more space in the storage pool where your Oracle
database is supposed to be stored. And the storage pool is defined in the
backup and archive copy groups of the management class that is  used to
backup the data.

If you are backing up to tape check if the number of tapes that is used by
the storage pool has reached the maximum number of scratch volumes (and
there is not enough space left on them). If this is the case increase this
maximum by updating the storage pool. If you are using private instead of
scratch volumes define a new volume for that storage pool.

If you are backing up to disk then you should query the "percentage
utilized" value of the storage pool. Maybe you have to migrate some (or
all) of the data in it to another storage pool in your storage hierarchy
(e.g. to a tape storage pool).

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
Met vriendelijke groeten,
With best regards,
Bien amicalement,

CU/2,
                Dirk Billerbeck

Dirk Billerbeck
GE CompuNet Kiel
Enterprise Computing Solutions
Am Jaegersberg 20, 24161 Altenholz (Kiel), Germany
Phone: +49 (0) 431 / 3609 - 117, Fax: +49 (0) 431 / 3609 - 190,
Internet: dirk.billerbeck @ gecits-eu.com

This email is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient,
you must not disclose or use the information contained in it.
If you have received this mail in error, please tell us
immediately by return email and delete the document.

Amrhar AT SUNGARD-FINANCE DOT [email protected] on 19.06.2001 12:43:14

Sent by:  ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU