ADSM-L

Antwort: Copy-Pool Question

2001-06-19 06:25:31
Subject: Antwort: Copy-Pool Question
From: Gerhard Wolkerstorfer <Gerhard.Wolkerstorfer AT T-SYSTEMS DOT AT>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 12:26:29 +0200
Dietmar,
of course it's possible.
I guess your Onsite Primary Pool is collocated and your Copy Pool isn't (As
general!)
So each Migration writes some Data to the collocated Onsite-Volumes and the
BACKUP Process copies the amount of Data to one (or more) Offsite Copy Volumes.
Let's say you need 1 COPY Volume per day.
Than to Restore your Primary Volume you need all the COPY Volumes from the last
105 Days (in your example) , when Data was stored on your Primary Volume and
copied to the Offsite Backup Volume.

Regards
Gerhard Wolkerstorfer

Dietmar.Schmid AT MARQUARDT DOT DE (Schmid. Dietmar) am 18.06.2001 18:05:32

Bitte antworten an ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU