ADSM-L

Re: ADSM/HSM migration candidates list

2001-06-14 12:47:56
Subject: Re: ADSM/HSM migration candidates list
From: "Matthew A. Bacchi" <mbacchi AT BTV.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2001 12:48:24 -0400
> Matt - Perhaps you can try this:
>
>  dsmmigrate -R /b32tmd/tmd3
>
> Capture its messages (they go by quickly).
> Let's see how it reacts to that.  It may give us some sense
> of what's going on.
> (I assume you did inspection with 'dsmls' and saw that all files
> were in Resident state?)
>
>   thanks, Richard

This allowed me to see what the problem was.  Apparently the policyset that
this system was attempting to migrate to didn't have a Space Management
Technique enabled.  While the Standard policyset in this management class was
set to Auto, the one specified in the include_exclude file was set to None.  I
appreciate this help Richard, and the many other times in the past that you
have helped others in this forum.  If only I could return the favor.

Thanks again,
-Matt
/**
/**
 **    Matt Bacchi                   mbacchi AT us.ibm DOT com
 **    IBM Global Services                SDC Northeast
 **    F6TG; MD Filesystems/Internet     (802) 769-4072
 **    ADSM & AFS/DFS Backup             (tie) 446-4072
 **/