ADSM-L

Re: database deadlock

2001-06-14 10:00:26
Subject: Re: database deadlock
From: Fred Johanson <fred AT MIDWAY.UCHICAGO DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2001 08:55:37 -0500
What are the relevant details: platform, oslevel, server level??

At 11:19 AM 6/14/2001 +0200, you wrote:
hello all,

I have encountered a database deadlock and I was wondering if anyone can
explain to me how to read the following output. Is it possible to find out
what causes the deadlock?

Operation Results
A Deadlock was found:
Transaction 0:34806584.
  Waiting for Lock mode sLock on: Type=19001, NameSpace=0, Key='49'
  Held by transaction 0:34806600 in mode ixLock.
Transaction 0:34806600.
  Waiting for Lock mode xixLock on: Type=19002, NameSpace=0, Key='49.1'
  Held by transaction 0:34806584 in mode xLock.