ADSM-L

Re: Exchange 5.5 restore fails with TDP 1.1.1.0.1

2001-06-14 09:16:08
Subject: Re: Exchange 5.5 restore fails with TDP 1.1.1.0.1
From: William Degli-Angeli <billybob AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2001 09:16:47 -0400
This error only occurs when the Windows function CreateFile() fails.

TDP is trying to open the file to be restored for GENERIC_WRITE and
FILE_FLAG_SEQUENTIAL_SCAN. You will have to run a trace in order
to determine the name of the file being opened. Once you have the name,
you can investigate the problem further.

Also, are there any related messages in the event log?

    Thanks,
        Bill

William Degli-Angeli
IGS TDP Development
Endicott, NY
(607) 752-6749
TieLine: 852-6749
Internet: BillyBob AT US.IBM DOT Com

                    Jager Frederic

                    <Frederic.Jager@DEXI       To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT
EDU
                    A-BIL.COM>                 cc:

                    Sent by: "ADSM: Dist       Subject:     Exchange 5.5
restore fails with TDP 1.1.1.0.1
                    Stor Manager"

                    <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT ED

                    06/14/2001 08:54

                    Please respond to

                    "ADSM: Dist Stor

                    Manager"

Please HELP,

We are desperately trying to restore a 192GB Exchange database (public &
private). But it stops with the following message :

        ACN4215E : Failed to open file during restore

We tried to use different backups but it did not work either.

Thank you for your help !
-----
---------------------------------
---------------------------------
JAGER Frédéric - Unix Systems / Storage
JAGER Frédéric - Unix Systems / Storage

---------------------
Un courrier ilectronique n'engage pas son imetteur. Tout message
Un courrier ilectronique n'engage pas son imetteur. Tout message
susceptible de comporter un engagement doit jtre confirmi par un icrit
d{ment signi.

An electronic message is not binding on its sender. Any message referring
to a binding engagement must be confirmed in writing and duly signed.

Ein elektronischer Brief bzw. eine elektronische Nachricht ist f|r den
Absender nicht verbindlich. Jede Nachricht,  welche eine Verpflichtung
beinhaltet, mu_ schriftlich bestdtigt und ordnungsgemd_ unterzeichnet
werden.