ADSM-L

Re: ADSM/HSM migration candidates list

2001-06-14 08:50:03
Subject: Re: ADSM/HSM migration candidates list
From: "Matthew A. Bacchi" <mbacchi AT BTV.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2001 08:51:01 -0400
>Matthew - Is the file system occupied by small files, under 4KB in size?

No, it isn't.  In fact it is occupied by a few quite large files, between
100-500 Meg.  There are some lock files in the filesystem, which are around
4KB, but the majority of the files are larger.

Richard, maybe you or someone else can answer this question for me.  The way I
understand the product to work, it will always generate a migration candidates
list based on the Age and Size factor settings, even if your thresholds are
set so that migration will not occur.  The candidates list is just a list of
files and their score, and doesn't indicate that migration is eminant.  I have
configured this product on quite a few other machines in the past, this one
just seems to be giving me trouble.

Thanks again,
-Matt
/**
/**
 **    Matt Bacchi                   mbacchi AT us.ibm DOT com
 **    IBM Global Services                SDC Northeast
 **    F6TG; MD Filesystems/Internet     (802) 769-4072
 **    ADSM & AFS/DFS Backup             (tie) 446-4072
 **/