ADSM-L

Backup a BIG Sap installation

2001-06-11 15:30:47
Subject: Backup a BIG Sap installation
From: William Boyer <wboyer AT PTD DOT NET>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 15:29:18 -0400
We have a potential client that wants to backup a 1.2TB SAP database in a
3-hour window. Currently they are using Omniback and an HP SureStore library
with 10 LTO drives SCSI attached.

If we were to repace Omniback with a TSM server on the SAP server, using
those same LTO drives and TDP for SAP, would this be possible? I'm looking
for some real world opinions. Right now I think they stop SAP and backup the
database files. I do not believe they are using SAPDBA.

Thanks,
Bill Boyer
"He who laughs last... probably did a backup!" - ???