ADSM-L

Re: Delete Archive.

2001-06-11 14:49:50
Subject: Re: Delete Archive.
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 14:50:49 -0400
>According to the administrator there were several thousand files deleted
>from this node but when I issue the "Q OCC" command for the node the number
>of files has not changed since before the deletes were run. I also expected
>to see our data base percentage decrease.
>
>We did run expiration after the "Delete Archive" command had completed but
>no decrease in any of the items mentioned earlier has occurred.

Brian - You didn't say whether the final ANR0812I message from the Expire
        Inventory reported that archive files were deleted.
Run the Expire Inventory with Quiet=No to assure that it visits the filespace
that your client supposedly deleted files from.  And run it without a limiting
Duration value so that it doesn't stop prematurely.
Try to get from the client a log of the deletions to assure that they
actually occurred.
Unfortunately, TSM doesn't let us SQL-query the flagging involved in
archive files so that we can see if they have been marked for deletion.
(In the Archives table, they look the same before and after Delete Archive.)
And, in all this, we presume that your client means files that were archived
with the standard client, as only those are treated by Expire Inventory:
files sent to the server via some API (which your client may loosely term
as "archiving") have to expired via the API.

  Richard Sims, BU