ADSM-L

Delete Archive.

2001-06-11 12:03:55
Subject: Delete Archive.
From: Brian Nick <brian_nick AT PHL DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 12:04:36 -0400
Hello everyone,

 We are running TSM 3.7.4 on OS/390 2.10 and I have a RS/6000 AIX 4.3 and
the TSM 3.7.2 client and I have a question on the "Delete Archive" command.

 I have a UNIX client and the administrator of this node has been doing
some cleanup of the Archive data for this node by issuing the "Delete
Archive" command from the clients command line. I did check the client
access to ensure that they had the ability to delete archives and that
parameter is set correctly and I can see sessions active for the node when
the administrator is running the deletes. I do not see any processes active
when the deletes are running from the TSM server.

 According to the administrator there were several thousand files deleted
from this node but when I issue the "Q OCC" command for the node the number
of files has not changed since before the deletes were run. I also expected
to see our data base percentage decrease.

 We did run expiration after the "Delete Archive" command had completed but
no decrease in any of the items mentioned earlier has occurred.