ADSM-L

IBM ESS Model 2105-F20

2001-06-11 11:18:01
Subject: IBM ESS Model 2105-F20
From: "Van Ruler, Ruud R SSI-ISES-31" <Ruud.R.vanRuler AT IS.SHELL DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 17:18:12 +0200
Guys

this is not really a TSM matter but perhaps someone could help me out here:

At the moment we have a concerning situation on a ESS. When we change
ESS-ports for an AIX-server without touching the assigned LUN's of the
server, only a Hba-swap on the ESS, our customers complain about the
availability of the disks from the servers point of view. They say that
after we performed this action and they have deleted the disks, rebooted the
server and ran config-manager, they still have missing disks (some disks are
visible, but not all of them), note that before the Hba-swap, the server
could see all its disks.
When they boot the server again a couple of days later, all the disks are
visible again without us performing any actions on the ESS or the switches.

any ideas ???

thanks

Ruud van Ruler,  Shell Services International BV - ISES/31
Our Central Data Storage Management home page:
http://sww2.shell.com/cdsm/
> Room 1B/G01
> Dokter van Zeelandstraat 1, 2285 BD Leidschendam NL
Tel : +31 (0)70 - 3034644, Fax 4011, Mobile +31 (0)6-55127646
Email Internet: ruud.r.vanruler AT is.shell DOT com
                          rvanruler AT hotmail DOT com

                                                            R.vanRuler