ADSM-L

Mount Wait with LTO drives

2001-06-11 07:05:28
Subject: Mount Wait with LTO drives
From: Fab System <Fab.Request AT MARKS-AND-SPENCER DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 12:06:16 +0100
All

We have a 3584 Library with for LTO SCSI drives connected to the SAN using a
Gateway. When we backup a SQl database, we seem the tape mount within 20
seconds, but it then seems to take 2 -3 minutes before the data is streamed
straight to the tape. We are using LAN free backup. Anybody any idea why it
takes so long to start sending data to the tape?????

Thanks

Sean Dudding
EMAIL: sean.dudding AT marks-and-spencer DOT com
Tel: 0207 268 6774
Fax: 0207 268 1836

Registered Office:
Marks and Spencer p.l.c
Michael House, Baker Street,
London, W1U 8EP
Registered No. 214436 in England and Wales.

Telephone  (020) 7935 4422
Facsimile  (020) 7487 2670

www.marksandspencer.com

This e-mail is confidential. If you received it by mistake, please let us know
and then
delete it from your system; you should not copy, disclose, or distribute its
contents to
anyone nor act in reliance on this e-mail, as this is prohibited and may be
unlawful