ADSM-L

Re: Brake client session

2001-06-09 06:53:15
Subject: Re: Brake client session
From: Mark Stapleton <stapleton AT BERBEE DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2001 20:57:09 -0500
Hrouda Tomá¹ wrote:
> please let me advice, is any way to restrict real client scheduled backup
> duration? By my experience duration parameter specified in schedule does not
> affect real client session time. I need to ensure, that client backup
> session really terminate after X hours window, which I have dedicated to
> backup.

Not really. The duration window set in a client schedule only refers to
the time window in which a scheduled backup must *start*, not when it
must finish.

Your best bet is to script out a process by which, at a chosen time, a
list of client sessions is generated. Cut the session numbers from the
output, and cancel 'em.