ADSM-L

Re: Collocation

2001-06-08 16:37:25
Subject: Re: Collocation
From: Robin Sharpe <Robin_Sharpe AT BERLEX DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2001 16:37:41 -0400
Well, at 50%, it's really a moot point ... 50% empty and 50% full are the
same thing.  We usually set our daily reclaims to 67%, and if we do adhoc
reclaims we start at a higher percentage... maybe 90%, to get the emptiest
tapes freed up first.

Also, remember, TSM will use available "FILLING" tapes before starting a
new scratch... It's more likely that primary storage pools will have some
FILLING tapes available, since copy storage pool tapes are usually ejected
and sent offsite daily.  And especially in a collocated primary pool, there
should be at least one FILLING tape for each node (or each filespace if
collocation by filespace).

Robin Sharpe
Berlex Laboratories

                    "PINNI,
                    BALANAND
                    (SBCSI)"      To:    ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                    <[email protected] cc:    (bcc: Robin Sharpe/WA/USR/SHG)
                                         Re: Collocation
                    06/08/01
                    03:53 PM
                    Please
                    respond to
                    "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"

But this is what I saw in red books implementation guide
and I have seen that when Tapes touch 50% reclaim process starts.
Its the way it worked for me.
it is ok.
Thankx
balanand pinni