ADSM-L

Re: Schedule clients for backup

2001-06-06 12:30:47
Subject: Re: Schedule clients for backup
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2001 12:30:41 -0400
Patrick,

Each Domino server will have its own version
of the command file.  The command file filename will be
the same so that you only need one TSM Server schedule
that defines the "Domino" schedule parameters, part of
which is the filename of the command file to kick off.
Then, you will just associate the nodenames
(that you set up for the TDP for Domino clients)
with that schedule.  The User's Guide covers this
in more detail. The key is that you only need to
do the "TSM Server" setup once.... and then you will
set up each Domino server that you want backed up.

Thanks,

Del

Del Hoobler
Del Hoobler
IBM Corporation
hoobler AT us.ibm DOT com

"It's a beautiful day.  Don't let it get away."  -- Bono

                    Patrick
                    Sheehan              To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                    <psheehan@GLOB       cc:
                    E.COM>               Subject:     Schedule clients for
backup
                    Sent by:
                    "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"
                    <ADSM-L AT VM DOT MAR
                    IST.EDU>

                    06/06/2001
                    12:10 PM
                    Please respond
                    to "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"

Hello Everyone

     I am configuring one TSM server to backup three Lotus Domino servers.
I would like to do so with schedules. I understand I need to have
domsel.cmd (command files) to run scheduled backups. My question is on the
other servers (without TSM server but just the TDP for Domino client) I
have the TSM scheduler running and the nodes are registered on the server,
do they use the servers command file or does each one require a separate
cmd file with the /ADSMNODE=othersevername on the server? I guess I'm
missing how the clients call the cmd file and where they must reside. I do
have a local client on the server working but the others don't appear to
be. Any help would be appreciated.

TIA

Patrick