ADSM-L

Re: ADSM/TSM

2001-06-05 22:37:10
Subject: Re: ADSM/TSM
From: Nicholas Cassimatis <nickpc AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2001 22:37:47 -0400
I'll follow up here with another confirmation that this works.  Step 4 is
unnecessary (but is so short it doesn't matter if it's included), as TSM
4.1 will do the update during the database restore.

Nick Cassimatis
nickpc AT us.ibm DOT com

                    Michael Oski
                    <[email protected]       To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                    OM>                  cc:
                    Sent by:             Subject:     Re: ADSM/TSM
                    "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"
                    <ADSM-L AT VM DOT MAR
                    IST.EDU>

                    06/05/01 06:14
                    PM
                    Please respond
                    to "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"

Yes, I do it regularly now that we're building out a new DR site. The
things to do are:

1) dsmfmt new DB and Log volumes on the new AIX system
2) start dsmserv with the format option (specifying new log and db
volumes)
3) start dsmserv restore db (specifying parameters as necessary to
restore your 3.1x db)
4) start dsmserv upgradedb (to upgrade the restore db to 4.1x datasets)
5) start dsmserv normally to process

That's all there is to it.

MO