ADSM-L

Solaris8 & Tape Drivers

2001-06-05 10:55:38
Subject: Solaris8 & Tape Drivers
From: "Warren, Matthew James" <matthewjames.warren AT EDS DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2001 15:56:27 +0100
Hello TSM'ers,

We are attempting to install TSM 4.1 on a Sun Solaris 8 platform.

The Server, License and Device packages install fine, and we can start the
TSM server succesfully.

Our problem occurs when we are trying to install the TSM Tape Drivers for
the DLT8000 Drive and Autochanger 9Slot library.

We have edited the mt.conf and lb.conf files correctly. The Unix midrange
person has succesfully written to the tape in the drive.

When we do the

add_drv command, we get the following error;

devfsadm: driver failed to attach: mt
Warning: Driver succesfully added but failed to attach.

Or similar.

Has anyone else seen this?

Thanks,

Matt.