ADSM-L

Re: removing last/only DBSnapshop

2001-06-05 10:25:24
Subject: Re: removing last/only DBSnapshop
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2001 10:26:19 -0400
> I did a snap shot database backup to see what impact, if any, it would have
> on the logfile.  Unfortunately, I didn't realize that it is not possible to
> delete this backup using normal commands.  I don't want a volume containing
> useless data in my library from now until TSM doomsday.

Joel - A way to get around this would be to perform another DBSnapshot, this
       time directed at a File type of output devclass.  This would allow you
to delete the tape volume from TSM and re-use it, and you could then delete
the file at the operating system level.  This presumes that you have enough
disk space for the file.  You might be able to get away with making the file
/dev/null if you are on Unix (I haven't tried this myself, so can't say for
sure - let us know if you try.)

  Richard Sims, BU