ADSM-L

Event Troubleshooting

2001-06-05 09:39:51
Subject: Event Troubleshooting
From: "Stephen A. Cochran" <Stephen.A.Cochran AT CAHIR DOT NET>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2001 09:40:32 EDT
Sorry if this is a simple question, but I'm somewhat new to *SM.

We're running ADSM 3.1 on AIX to back up our data center. All clients are in the
same domain and schedule, a generic one which does an incremental every night. I
have two machines which show Missed in the q ev * * for their scheduled backup.
Both clients have dsmc sched running, and I restarted it just in case it was
hung, but that didn't help.

The first machine, an IRIX box, shows no errors in the adsm_schedule log on the
client. When I try and kick off a inc from the client, it outputs the
"Establisted Connetion to server" spiel, and then just sits there, doesn't do
anything else. No errors are logged anywhere that I can find (checked
adsm_err.log, sysmeg.log). Looking at the sessions on the server shows that
session as IdleW.

The second machine, a solaris box, also shows no errors in the adsm_schedule
log, but the last time it ran (two nights ago) the output stopped at 90,000
files checked. It didn't output the summary at the end like normal. When I start
an inc on this client, it runs until it hits 90,000 files on that same file
system.

Any ideas or hints on how to troubleshoot these errors?

Steve Cochran
Dartmouth College