ADSM-L

poor behaviour of optfile

2001-06-04 19:16:06
Subject: poor behaviour of optfile
From: Steve Harris <Steve_Harris AT HEALTH.QLD.GOV DOT AU>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2001 09:16:42 +1000
Hi All

I'm running a Sun 3.7.0 client to an AIX 3.1.2.50 server.
The Sun box has several clients on it as it is part of a Veritas cluster and
each application has its own adsm node, with a DSMC sched process for each
clustered app and one for the machine.

Whilst fixing something manually the other day, I started an application dsmc
process and mistyped the name of the optfile.  The dsmc process started but
with the default options file.

This strikes me as being a bug.

Has anyone else seen this behaviour? does anyone else agree that specification
of an optfile tha does not exist should produce an error?

Steve Harris
ADSM and AIX Administrator
Queensland Health, Brisbane Australia