ADSM-L

Re: Pl answer to this question or mail me directly

2001-06-04 13:40:36
Subject: Re: Pl answer to this question or mail me directly
From: Kai Hintze <kai_hintze AT ALBERTSONS DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2001 11:27:19 -0600
Balanand,

Salary depends on what field (retail, research, non-profit, government,...)
and what part of the country you live in as much as your job title and
background. Most management, HR, and trade magazines do periodic surveys to
find out what people are likely to make given those parameters. For example,
ComputerWorld's 2000 salary survey is available at
http://www.computerworld.com/computerworld/records/images/pdf/990906salary.p
df (http://www.computerworld.com -> Careers -> Surveys and Reports -- Salary
Related -> 2000 report).

Good luck!

Shekar,

First, I think you are pretty arrogant to tell the whole list what we will
and won't do.

Second, everyone should ask such questions. The only people who don't want
you to know what a reasonable salary is are anal-retentive HR types who
think that only _their_ priesthood should know salary information (as
opposed to good HR types that want to treat people well) and top-level
executives who don't want you to know how much more they make than you do.
How else can you request a reasonable salary if you don't know what
reasonable is?

Kai.