ADSM-L

Backupset restore problems

2001-06-01 16:48:36
Subject: Backupset restore problems
From: Joe Williams <joe AT RULESPACE DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2001 13:34:36 -0700
I am having problems restoring a large backupset from an IBM 3583 LTO to a
Network Appliance 720.
4.1.2 on the server -- W2K NetFinity 5100
4.1.1 on the client -- Linux
We have a switched TCP/IP network

The backup set is large -- 80K directories and almost 800K files totaling
350GB.

During the restore we are getting about 3.0 GB/hour throughput once we get
past the directory creation -- we're going to be here for days to get the
full 350GB

We've gotten MUCH faster restore times restoring other data -- not backup
sets and not 350 GB worth.

We've also gotten an ANR8302E error about 150GB into the restore and at IBS
request updated our drive firmware to the latest revision.

Is there anything inherently goofy / different about restoring from
backupset?
Is the volume and size of the directories and files causing me problems?
Any suggestions?