ADSM-L

Re: SQL backup

2001-06-01 09:16:37
Subject: Re: SQL backup
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2001 09:17:20 -0400
Peter,

Did this just started happening? If so, what changed?
Have you ever been able to run a backup with TDP for SQL?
I have seen this happen when the TSM API is backlevel.

Make sure you are running at least 1.1.2 of TDP for SQL.
(The latest version is are available from "ftp.software.ibm.com" in
directory
/storage/tivoli-storage-management/maintenance/tivoli-data-protection/ntsql/1.1.2.)

I would also recommend that you take a look at TDP for SQL version 2.
It has many new features including the two big ones of taking advantage
of standard TSM policy management (no more deleting old backups)
and SQL 2000 support.

Other than that, you should open a problem with IBM service.
A trace will help the service team determine what is going wrong.

Thanks,

Del

Del Hoobler
Del Hoobler
IBM Corporation
hoobler AT us.ibm DOT com

"It's a beautiful day.  Don't let it get away."  -- Bono

                    Peter Svendsen
                    <peter.svendsen@AL       To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                    MBRAND.DK>               cc:
                    Sent by: "ADSM:          Subject:     SQL backup
                    Dist Stor Manager"
                    <[email protected].

                    06/01/2001 09:14
                    AM
                    Please respond to
                    "ADSM: Dist Stor
                    Manager"

Hi out there !!

I have a problem when running backup of my MS-SQL db.

The following message is from the activity log.

06/01/2001 14:13:04 ANR0444W Protocol error on session 213 for node
ABKRSK1-SQL (TDP MSSQL NT) - out-of-sequence verb (type Data) received.
06/01/2001 14:13:04 ANR0484W Session 213 for node ABKRSK1-SQL (TDP MSSQL
NT) terminated - protocol violation detected.
I'am using Tivoli Data Protection for Microsoft SQL ver.1 rel.1
And my server is running under AIX 4.3.3, and my ADSM server level is
3.1.2.58.

Can anyone please help me.

King regards.
Peter