ADSM-L

NDS tree backups

2001-06-01 04:26:41
Subject: NDS tree backups
From: Rainer Holzinger <Rainer.Holzinger AT HAINDL DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2001 10:26:02 +0200
        Hi Brian,

        are you sure that all of your NDS tree is located within your LAN?
        I had a similar problem at our installation. The result for the long
time needed to backup our NDS tree was that many parts (I'm not a Novell
admin), I think the parts are called partitions, have been setup outside our
local area network. Our network has several NDS partitions in Germany as
well as in Austria and the Netherlands. All the branch offices are connectd
to the headquarter in Augsburg/Germany  via 256 kbits ISDN links. So the
problem at my installatiuon was the bandwidth of the ISDN links.

        Hope this will help a bit

        kind regards
        Rainer