ADSM-L

Re: TSM Pricing

2001-05-31 14:45:59
Subject: Re: TSM Pricing
From: Steve Bennett <steve_bennett AT ADMIN.STATE.AK DOT US>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 10:48:28 -0800
Geoff,

Good Luck! It has been my experience that pricing Tivoli products is
damn near impossible until you get the bill. You can try the tivoli
manamgement points (tmp) calculator at
http://www.tivoli.com/Tivoli_Electronic_Support/Pricing.nsf/Welcome?OpenForm
but it is not 100% complete.

The last per tmp list price I was quoted is as follows:

list price for product purchase is $31 per point
list price for 24x7 maintenance is $6 per point
list price for 5x9 maintenance is $4.50 per point

You can use the tmp calculator to get an idea of what you might pay for
a given config. You have to have a tivoli online account which I believe
you get at the same site. If you calculate you need 2000 points the cost
would be $62,000.

One gotcha is that in the calculator there was (or maybe still is) no
way to select the Library Manager product to get a point value for it.
If you need it add 530 points to your total point count for each Library
Manager license.

--
Steve Bennett, (907) 465-5783
Steve Bennett, (907) 465-5783