ADSM-L

Re: NDS tree backups

2001-05-31 13:56:49
Subject: Re: NDS tree backups
From: Jim Kirkman <jmk AT EMAIL.UNC DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 13:57:43 -0400
Brian,

Couple of questions.

How are you specifying the NDS backup, and is the tree replicated on multiple
servers? Also, do you have the most recent TSA nlms?

Obviously 18 hrs is a 'bit' excessive! We back up one as part of the regular
backup of one of the servers in the tree with no additional overhead that you
can tell. We're 3.1.2.50 on OS/390 2.6 with an array of client code.

Which brings me to a different question. When you upgraded to 2.10 did you get
TSM as part of the server pack? If so, was it the 3.7 code? We're getting ready
to go to 2.10 and I'm curious what version of TSM we'll get. Hard to believe
they would ship 3.7 when it goes out of support this yr.

--
Jim Kirkman
Jim Kirkman