ADSM-L

ANYONE ELSE TRY USIG SUBFILES?

2001-05-31 12:30:41
Subject: ANYONE ELSE TRY USIG SUBFILES?
From: "MC Matt Cooper (2838)" <Matt.Cooper AT AMGREETINGS DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 12:31:52 -0400
Hello All,
        We are testing out the use of SUBFILE processing.  We have a user
group that would have to do dial-in backups or we buy them zip drives.
Using SUBFILE processing, a very narrow include/exclude list, and
compression we still se backups that are close to 40MB.  We insist that the
test group get a connection of at least 40K bits/sec.  I see the backups
running at less than  2K bytes/sec.  I played with many different parms and
can not get things to run any faster.  If this is the best we can do we will
be purchasing  a lot of zip drives (400+).  HAS ANYONE ELSE TRIED THIS?  IS
ANYONE ELSE GETTING BETTER THROUGHPUT ON A 56kbs DIALUP line?
Thanks
Matt