ADSM-L

Slow NT Restore

2001-05-31 06:38:48
Subject: Slow NT Restore
From: Phil Stockton <phil.stockton AT RS-COMPONENTS DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 11:23:06 +0100
Hi

We are trying to restore the C drive on a NT server 4.0 Service Pack 5. We
have TCPIP 100 mb full duplex.  The client is 3.1.0.8 and the server is
3.1.2.90 on AIX 4.3.2.

We are observing very slow restore times.  There is no waiting for tape
mounts but when I query sessions wait times of some seconds are observed,
almost as if it restores one file then goes off to do something else.

So far it has taken 20 hours to restore 850mb.  All directories are held on
disk and they have been restored.

Anyone got any ideas on how to speed this up, by a factor of 10 or so.

Regards

Phil Stockton

RS Components Ltd
Corby
Northants

The contents of this Email and any files transmitted with it
are confidential and intended solely for the use of the
individual or entity to whom it is addressed. The views stated
herein do not necessarily represent the view of the company.
If you are not the intended recipient of this Email you may not
copy, forward, disclose or otherwise use it or any part of it
in any form whatsoever. If you have received this mail in
error please Email the sender.

RS Components Ltd.