ADSM-L

Re: The TSM FAQ needs your help

2001-05-29 22:42:42
Subject: Re: The TSM FAQ needs your help
From: Angela Hughes <hughesa1989 AT YAHOO DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 19:28:35 -0700
The reason to reduce randomization to 0 is for large
scale environments where schedmode is set to prompted
and you want to limit the amount of time it takes for
the backups to complete.  If you have the resources
such as CPU, memory, disk, network band width, and
tape devices this is not an issue but if you don't
then I'd set randomization accordingly.  If you have
the resources why not use them is the fore thought.
Where I've reduced randomization is in large
environments such as in a SP Complex on the Switch
network or using large servers such as S80s.  I've
also done this @ IBM w/H50s and F50s using the ATM
network.
Thanks,
Angela