ADSM-L

ADSM/TSM memory leak?

2001-05-29 16:32:38
Subject: ADSM/TSM memory leak?
From: "Johnn D. Tan" <jdtan AT MED.CORNELL DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 16:34:10 -0400
Thanks for the responses about the HTTP sessions. I guess it is quite
a widespread problem. Unfortunately, limiting ourselves to certain
browsers (even IE5.5) is not an option for us. I guess we'll live
with it for now.

But I did have another inquiry. Does anyone else regularly reboot
their TSM/ADSM server app? Regularly, meaning every 3 days or even
more often.

We have 1.1 GB of RAM on our TSM box. Under ADSM, this apparently
wasn't enough, as we always got "Paging space low!" if the server app
ran for more than ~72 hours without restarting the app (is this
what's called a "memory leak"?). TSM apparently does the same thing.
It respawns itself, but it's still bad cuz if it dies during an
operation involving tapes, it always screws us up.

So I plan to reboot the server app every day, but just wondering if
we're the only ones with this problem.