ADSM-L

Re: Backing up Windows Terminal Server

2001-05-26 06:32:37
Subject: Re: Backing up Windows Terminal Server
From: Mark Stapleton <stapleton AT BERBEE DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 22:45:19 -0500

"Prather, Wanda" wrote:
> We have had several Windows Terminal servers at various times.
> Treat them just as any other NT machine, as far as TSM is concerned.
> No special handling required.

Although Malcolm's request begs a question:

Citrix/Metaframe/Terminal Server boxes are almost always just conduits
to send data through. Why are you backing them up?

You would have to restore the OS from install media anyway, and there's
precious little in the way of configuration files, and they almost never
change. (If you are using them to store data that undergoes some kind of
delta, you're asking for trouble.)

I have seen several instances of a TSM installation causing a Metaframe
box to permanently blue-screen. Such is Microsoft...