ADSM-L

thanks

2001-05-25 09:36:19
Subject: thanks
From: Patrick Sheehan <psheehan AT GLOBE DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 09:35:55 -0400
First, thanks for all the helpful responses I received yesterday regarding
accessing a tape. I was able to get the backup I needed to restore. I do
(of course) have another question. I have a Compaq (or is it Quantum or
Tandem) DLT7000 35/70 drive. According to spec sheets I've seen it is
suppose to be capable of backing up 35 G an hour using the 2:1 compression.
Well, I only seem to get like 45 G on a tape and it takes like 8 hours to
backup 84 G. It's a local drive so I'm think there must be a driver update
or am I dreaming.

TIA

Patrick