ADSM-L

Primary vs Backup Stg

2001-05-24 16:19:14
Subject: Primary vs Backup Stg
From: Ronnie Crowder <rlcrowder AT NISOURCE DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 15:55:49 -0400
Hopefully someone out there can help me.  What I was trying to do was check to
see if my primary stg pool and copy storage pool contained the same
information.  The way I was checking was using a select statement in the form:

select sum(physical_mb), sum(num_files) from occupancy where stgpool_name =
'ONSITE'

select sum(physical_mb), sum(num_files) from occupancy where stgpool_name =
'OFFSITE'

The number of files that come back are the same for both but the total size is
not the same.  I can issue the backup stg pri copy preview=yes but it comes
back basically saying that the pools are the same.  Just wondering why the
offsite pool has a larger total than the onsite.  Could it be because of data
compression??  The reason I ask is that I have another smaller TSM server at
another location and when I run the script on it, both number come back the
same.  Any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks