ADSM-L

[no subject]

2001-05-24 10:34:57
From: Patrick Sheehan <psheehan AT GLOBE DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 10:34:36 -0400
Hello TSM'ers

     Forgive my novice-ness, but I'm charged with installing and
configuring two TSM servers on the cheap. (def: Read manuals -no training).
Things are pretty good so far but I have run into a little trouble
restoring. Background NT, Domino Server, TDP for Domino. Manual single tape
drive DLT 7000. I can't "see" the tape. When I try to do a restore via GUI
or Command line I get same error "File data currently unavailable on
server". The correct tape is in the drive and the "mount" window does not
display any mount requests. how can I get the sever to mount or "see" the
tape ? I do get a list of the files but it is obviosly from a log file and
not the tape itself. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Patrick