ADSM-L

Windows 2000 server backups

2001-05-23 14:12:04
Subject: Windows 2000 server backups
From: "Remeta, Mark" <MRemeta AT SELIGMANDATA DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 13:57:31 -0400
Has anyone successfully been able to restore a win 2k server using TSM? We
have been trying for some time now and have not had success. We opened a pmr
with tivoli and they are working on the problem. When we try to restore win
2k server we can restore the data fine. After we restore the data it gives
you a detailed report. When you close the report it asks if you want to
reboot. Tivoli recommends that you do not reboot, instead you should restore
the system objects which is what we have tried. When the restore of the
system objects is complete it does not give you a detailed report and exits
back to the desktop. If you go into event viewer it reports a dr. watson
error. After you reboot the system is not in the state that it was before
the backup, ie: not a member of domain, office doesn't work (it was
installed before), so it appears not to have been successful. We are using
4.1.2.14 version of the client and 4.1.2.0 of the server. Any help would be
appreciated.

Mark Remeta
Seligman Data Corp.
100 Park Avenue
New York, NY 10017

Confidentiality Note: The information transmitted is intended only for the
person or entity to whom or which it is addressed and may contain
dissemination or other use of this information by persons or entities other
than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you receive this in error,
please delete this material immediately.